There are three main factors that will help determine the best mattress for your needs:
- Size—so that the mattress comfortably fits all sleepers and the room space
- Support—so that proper body alignment is maintained while you sleep
- Comfort—so that you settle into sleep quickly
Understanding Mattress Comfort Levels
In the mattress industry, comfort generally refers to the firmness or softness of a mattress. Comfort has been standardized into a number of levels, including:
Some mattress manufacturers expand comfort options to include extra firm and super pillow top to better meet customers’ comfort preferences.
What Affects Your Comfort Level
There’s nothing scientific about comfort. Your ideal comfort level is determined by your preferences. Those preference may be informed by a number of factors, like:
- The firmness or softness of your childhood bed and how well you slept when you were younger
- Your typical sleep position
- Your sensitivity to pressure
Most people know their comfort preferences without needing to put a lot of thought into it, so finding the right mattress comfort level is the easy part of mattress selection.
Getting the Right Support for Your Comfort Level
The comfort your mattress provides helps you get to sleep. The support your mattress provides helps you stay asleep. Finding the right support type is a scientific process. The Mattress Store can identify your ideal support type using our exclusive bedMATCH™ technology.
Visit one of our eight Albuquerque locations. In just four minutes, we can narrow your mattress selection to those that offer the right support for your needs and the comfort level you prefer.